OpenStack API access is available through the API Users tab in the Cloud Control Panel. The API can be used for a variety of server management tasks.
Get started by reviewing OpenStack API documentation here. We will add some common API-related issues/questions to this page.
What is the API URL?
- Once you create an API User, you will see a link to download the openrc file. That file contains the relevant URL on the
- You need to specify a security group when launching an instance from API, otherwise it will not have connectivity. The default security group is named "firewall", so the parameter would look like:
- API users have a separate keystore from your Cloud Control Panel user. Add your SSH keys via API in order to access them with your API user.
- You can monitor instance metrics via API with:
openstack metric resource show [instance-uuid]
- You can view metrics data for each value under the metrics field with:
openstack metric measures show [metrics-value-uuid]